The M.Phil Program at the Pakistan Institute of Development Economics (PIDE) has been developed to provide the necessary facilities for training of economists in Pakistan. Given the asymmetrical situation whereby only a small percentage of the entire population has access to higher education, it is hoped that the M.Phil program at PIDE would be a step forward in a critical field of knowledge and expertise. This program is aimed at imparting a full range of knowledge, awareness and expertise in economics to meet the emerging challenges, as well as equipping students with the analytical tools necessary for policy-oriented research.
• MA/MSc in Econometrics and Statistics/Economics/Statistics/Mathematics or
• BS (4-year) in Economics/Statistics/Mathematics
• Minimum Grade and division will be followed as defined in “Admission, Registration and Examination Regulations for MPhil. programmes”
• Applicants will be selected on the basis of their performance in the admission test, interview and academic record.
Note: A student will qualify for thesis if he/she attains minimum 3 CGPA in course work after completion of 2nd semester.
Program Structure Semester Wise
List of Elective Courses for M.Phil Program
Field of Specializations:
- Development Economics
- Agriculture Economics
- Environmental Economics
- Industrial Economics
- International Economics
- Labour Economics
- Monetary Economics
- Public Economics
- Social Economics
- Financial Economics
- Health Economics
- Institutions and Governance