PIDE Library Policy
- Leave your personal belongings such as handbags, briefcases, etc., outside the library entrance, on
- your own responsibility. The library disclaims any liability for loss or damage.
- Submit any book or object for inspection, when requested by the library staff.
- Complete silence should be observed except for brief talk with the library staff.
- Keep your mobiles off within the library premises.
- Do not write, underline or mark any book. Library books and other materials are carefully examined
- on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
- After reading, leave books on the table or on the book trolley. Please do not shelve the books.
- Drinks and eatable are not allowed in the library.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Research workers from other Institutions who wish to use the PIDE Library may have access to library materials if this can be done on an inter-library loan basis or through the introduction in writing by the Heads of the Institutions concerned.
- Books or other materials borrowed from the library shall be non-transferable and would be expected to be used by the borrower themselves, and should not be passed on to somebody else outside from the PIDE.
- Normally the books shall be charged out only at the Circulation Desk on presenting a valid library card and shall be returned to the Circulation Desk within due course of time.
- Signature on book cards must be in full and legible. Initials are not adequate because they are often misleading.
- Loan books may be renewed/re-issued to the same user provided other clientele does not require them. The books for renewal purpose must be presented at the circulation desk so that new date is recorded on the issuing card along with signatures.
- In exceptional circumstances, materials charged out to any user can be recalled to meet the emergent needs of another user. If recalled, the borrowed books must immediately be brought to the Circulation Desk.
- Reference materials, theses/dissertations and serial publications including magazines, and journals whether current or back-runs can not checked out. They can be consulted within the library premises.
- While returning books to the Library, the borrower should personally satisfy himself that his name has been struck off properly from the records.
- If any book is marked or damaged or mutilated by the borrower, he/she will have to replace it by a new one or will pay the double cost for replacement.
- Members of the PIDE staff going on leave exceeding one month’s duration should return all the library materials before they proceed.
- All books issued shall be shown to the receptionist at the entrance before leaving.
- Any material mot returned or renewed within 60 days of the due date will be considered LOST.
- The use of Library shall be open to the members of the following categories after applying for the membership on the prescribed form
- Teaching and Research staff
- Consultants, Fellows and Research Scholars
- Research Assistants and the students on the roll of the Institute
- Officers of the Institute
- Non-professional staffs of the Institute, if authorised in writing by their supervisors and
No other uses except the above categories shall be allowed to go the stack area of the library.
All registered users are entitled to borrow Books and other library materials from the library. Borrowing limit may be depending on the membership category. The borrowing limits for general books are:-
To encourage timely return of library materials and to provide optimal sharing of the collection, fines are charged on over due items. Borrowers are solely responsible for returning or renewing items by the due date. If the items are not returned within due date, a fine will be activated to the first overdue day at the following rate:
Rs. 1 per book per day upto 2 weeks, from the Third week Rs 5
In case of loss or damage, the borrowers will be charged double times the current price of the items.
Rs. 250 on first time violation, Rs. 500 on second time violation. If a user continues, the case will be referred to Value & Ethics Committee.
Overdue and fine notices will be sent through Email account and also presenting the circular on the notice board. All library fines are only paid to the Account Department.