The Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) Division, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics (PIDE), Islamabad is in search of talented ICT professionals to join our team on a contract basis for a period of one year (Extendable). Candidates having at least two years relevant experience of working in a reputable organization and Bachelors or Masters Degree (minimum 16 years of education) in Computer Science/IT/Software Engineering/Computer Engineering or related Disciplines from HEC- recognized universities should apply online at www.pide.org.pk/jobs. The last date for submitting your application is December 10, 2022. Salary is negotiable depending upon relevant experience. Desired skills and expertise for each post are mentioned below:
1. Odoo Developer
● Strong knowledge of Python and programming concepts
● Core knowledge of ODOO apps HR, Project, Payroll, Purchase, Inventory, Accounting, etc.
● Superior knowledge of relational database concepts, SQL, and ORM.
● Good knowledge of Linux and Ubuntu.
● Good knowledge of SVN and/or Git.
● Knowledge of Python development frameworks (Django and Flask).
● Knowledge of frontend development languages is a great plus (AngularJS or Meteor).
● Design, Development, and testing of Odoo modules, projects, products, and interfaces.
● Customize ODOO reports (QWEB)
● Modify workflows based on business flow
● Maintaining existing modules.
● Test new functions/modifications to existing application modules in accordance with application
● Configuration, installation, and maintenance of the server and multi-database Odoo/Ubuntu
● Keeping different projects/versions under control using SVN or Git.
● Prepare complete and clear documentation for any task/work done
2. Network Administrator
● Candidates having CCNA, CCNP, HCIA (Routing and Switching), or HCIP (Routing and Switching)
Certification would be preferred.
● Must be capable of LAN Network complete installation and configuration of all Network devices
e.g Switches, Routers, Firewall, WAP including controller.
● Complete configuration and connectivity of Layer 3 Network Devices of Cisco, Huawei, HP, or any
● Hands-on experience of LAN/WAN Network Devices, Linux, Windows Server, Print Server,
Windows Update Server, Antivirus Management through Server, and Network Security/Firewall
in a reputable Organization.
● Must have practical experience in setting up and configurations of Microsoft Active Directory,
DHCP Server, DNS Server, PRTG, or any Network NMS for Bandwidth Monitoring/Management.
● Must have hands-on experience in CCTV, video conferencing, and LAN IT Support.
3. Software Engineer/Computer Programmer
● Strong software development skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and its Apps.
● Microsoft Certification for Sharepoint would be a plus.
● Practical experience of SharePoint Online – configuring, administration, development, deploying
solutions and integrating SharePoint online with third party applications – using CSOM, JSOM, API
etc along with good front end/CSS skills.
● Preference will be given to a candidate who has worked as a team member for the
implementation of ERP, Campus Management System, Document Management System, or E-
● Must have excellent report writing and communication skills.
● Must be a good trainer.