The approved rules for award of Gold Medal and Merit Certificate are as under:
MPhil Rules 2009
Under the Clause IX (f) of PIDE Regulations Relating to the Admission, Registration and Examinations for M. Phil Programs:
“A student obtaining first position in the department shall be awarded a Certificate of Merit and Chancellor Medal provided that he/she obtains a CGPA of at least 4.0 points and has completed the entire requirements for MPhil degree within normal period.”
MPhil Rules 2017
Under the Clause G (11) of PIDE Regulations Relating to the Admission, Registration and Examinations for M. Phil Programs:
A student obtaining first position in the department shall be awarded a certificate of Merit and Gold Medal provided that:
- he/she has been a regular student of PIDE throughout the degree program and availed full course load during all semesters.
- he/she secures the highest CGPA (not less than 3.75) in the degree program.
- he/she has completed the entire degree requirements (till submission of hard copies of the thesis to Controller of Examinations) for MPhil degree within normal period.
- he/she has not repeated or improved any course during entire coursework.
- he/she has not any “I”, “W” or “F” grade on his/her transcript.
- he/she has not indulged in any cheating case or disciplinary action during entire course of study.
- he/she has not outstanding dues.
- If two or more students have same CGPA, Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit shall be awarded to the student with highest percentage of marks. In case of tie in marks percentage as well, Gold Medal and certificate of Merit shall be awarded to all eligible candidates.
- In case, a student has lost his/her Gold Medal and/or Certificate of Merit, he/she shall NOT be issued duplicate Gold Medal but the controller of Examination shall reissue the Certificate of Merit.
MSc/MBA Programs Rules 2009
Under the Clause 7 (i) of Admission, Registration and Examination Regulations for Master Programs:
The Controller of Examinations shall issue a Certificate of Merit to a student who stands first in the subject on the basis of the overall result provided that the student has obtained 80% marks or more in the aggregate, has not failed in, or repeated any course and has completed the course work in four semesters. The recipient for the award of Certificate of Merit shall also be awarded the Gold Medal.